Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Things seem funnier when it hurts to laugh....

Have you ever noticed that you seem to find things funnier when it hurts to laugh.  Either that or the pain reminds you that you already laugh a lot and didn't realize it.  Dallas (having a chest cold) is discovering just how much humor is in this house.  "Ouch! mom, don't make me laugh. *Cough*Cough*Hack* Ouch that hurts". We were looking at movies to put on our Netflix list and he saw one titled My Idiot Brother. He looked at Liam and started to say something snide about how Liam should check out this film and take notes since he is the aforementioned brother. Only to be cut off by me turning to Liam and saying, "Yeah, you should check that out, considering that you have one."   I thought both boys were going fall off their chairs. *cough* *hack* Ouch! don't make me laugh! If you cannot laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at? Oscar Wilde stated, "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence." In this house sarcasm runs rampant.
Both boys are getting the creeping crud  that is going around and when they feel like this: 
 I feel like this:
If they aren't feeling better by tomorrow, I will take them to the doctor. 
Bronchitis and walking pneumonia are both going around.
Better to nip it in the bud. Wish us luck.
We have been doing spring cleaning around the yard.  Weeding, mulching, building and getting the outdoor living space livable. Tomorrow we have the day off and I think the boys and I are going to watch a movie and then I have to clean the carpets in the bedrooms. I should finally be done with the carpets till fall.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment