Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Migraines and Metal

O.k. so, after almost no sleep last night we are at it again. I woke up this morning after a satisfying ridiculous 3.5 hours of sleep and was WIDE awake, and I felt like this:
 I kinda looked like her too, now that I think about it.

As you know I have been working on this headache for about 5 days now and today it kicked me to the curb.  I took my migraine pills and kept myself fed and avoided trigger foods that make it worse, but I think it just got tired of being beaten down and decided to get revenge.  So, while I was going about my daily routine, the boys, bless their hearts took one look at me and stayed away.  Now the funny thing about my migraines is that if I listen to certain music, it drowns out street noise and other things I may have problems with. That certain music for a reason I cannot even fathom is heavy metal. Ozzy, Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed,Hinder, and the like.  There is something about the heavy bass and the repetition of the drums that is soothing and puts me to sleep. So, while I was at Dallas's football practice today I kicked back in the shade, put on my headphones, closed my eyes and relaxed into the soothing sounds of Seether. Half of an hour later, my headache was almost gone and my eyes didn't hurt so much. I was ready to get back into the van and have Dallas drive me to do errands and then home. Dallas needs to thank Metallica for the fact that he got to drive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment