Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where did I go???? Let me whine for a minute.

This last week has been crazy busy. We started Co-Op this week so we have been running around getting ready for that. Dallas turned 16 at the beginning of the month so we threw him a "party". Grandpa sent me on a wild goose chase when he accidentally set of his personal alarm and wouldn't answer the phone when they called to verify that it wasn't a false alarm. Since I live in another town, I couldn't just go check really quick. I told them to dispatch EMS and that I would go over.  I get there and the police have come and gone, grandpa is heading out of the house to go to his garden and didn't think it was important to answer the phone that was ringing off the hook...Ugh! Flag Football is in full swing and we are doing that 4 days a week, in yet another town. It seems like whenever I try to get time to myself, I lose.  I was supposed to start book club this month, but it fell on Dallas's birthday, the same day that Gpa had his false alarm and then I had to go to Ontario for football practice. Needless to say I missed it yet again. I took Gpa to the Dr. last week and they told me he needed to go to the hospital for Iron shots, he is low even though he is already taking supplements. Every Friday at 8:30 am I have to have Gpa  at the hospital for a shot. That means I have to get up at 6 am, get ready, be at Gpa's in New Plymouth no later than 7:45am and have him in Ontario no later than 8:25. After that, we run errands, do shopping and then any housework that needs to get done, I do. I come home and do as much school with the boys that I can fit in before we go to football. I then hear, "Mom, what's for dinner?"

O.k., I am done whining. I am incredibly lucky to have a wonderful husband, kids that are for the most part great to be around, a Grandfather that is still with us at the age of 86, and a mom that doesn't mind if I call her at 10:30 pm, after I have sent the boys to their rooms for the evening, so that I can use her as a sounding board for my frustrations. I love you all very much even if I don't always show it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment